addict component suite
Addict is a professional native VCL component suite that provides end-to-end solutions for adding spelling check
and thesaurus support to your applications. The Addict component suite includes many components and routines,
but the core of its functionality is:
- Spelling Check - The timeless dialog-based process of checking text, suggesting replacements for misspelled
words and allowing a user to act upon each potential problem.
- Live-Spelling - A slightly more modern solution of identifying misspelled words with wavy red underlines and
allowing a user to act upon each identified problem with a context menu.
- Thesaurus - The ability for a user to lookup a word, examine its synonyms and choose an appropriate
- API - A complete set of APIs allowing for text parsing, dictionary lookup, text corrections,
misspelling suggestions, thesaurus contexts and more.
Addictive Software has been developing component software tools for the Delphi and C++Builder markets for over a decade.
This longevity is one of the keys to developing rich dictionary support and partnerships with many
popular component tool vendors.
Check out more information on Addict or download a demo application
or trial-run version of Addict to see the latest features in action for yourself.
addict plus pack
While the Addict Component Suite comes with everything you need to use dictionaries and perform a spelling check, the Addict Plus Pack
comes with everything you need to create and manage dictionaries. The core functionality included in the Plus Pack is:
- Dictionary Compilation Component - A class that can be used to build a dictionary for integration
into your own application or utilities. Full source and a demo application is included for this class.
- Dictionary Wizard - The plus pack includes a copy of our Dictionary Wizard application
(also available separately). This allows new dictionaries to be built, existing dictionaries to be edited, dictionaries to
be reviewed and combined and many other functions.
- Thesaurus Builder - An application that can be used to build a new thesaurus for use with
Addict's thesaurus component.
- Custom Dictionary Import / Export Utility - A simple utility with source demonstrating how to work
with custom dictionaries. The utility enables the import / export of custom dictionary wordlists and auto-correct lists.
The Dictionary Wizard is a standalone application that enables creation and modification of spelling dictionaries. The wizard enables:
- Dictionary Creation - Create new language or auto-correct dictionaries from wordlists or merge existing
- ISpell / OpenOffice Support - Create a new language dictionary from an existing ISpell or OpenOffice
- Edit Dictionaries - The wizard supports dictionary lookup / review and adding or removing words from both
language and custom dictionaries.
- Export to Wordlist - Dictionaries can be decompiled into their originating wordlist when allowed by the