The Dictionary Wizard is a standalone application that enables creating and modifying spelling dictionaries
for applications that use our Addict spelling checker.
With the new Dictionary Wizard you get:
- A simple, streamlined user interface that anyone can use to work with dictionaries
- The ability to create a new dictionary from scratch
- Create a supplemental dictionary for your business or job specialty.
- Make a specialized exclusion dictionary for your business; always have specified words flagged as misspelled regardless of their inclusion in other dictionaries.
- Merge multiple dictionaries together to make a specialized dictionary for your project.
- Use an existing ISpell or OpenOffice wordlist to create a new dictionary.
- Make a specialized auto-correction dictionary; always have one word auto-corrected to another.
- The ability to modify an existing dictionary
- "Exercise your right to remove the 'funny' words from another dictionary.
- Review the contents of a dictionary for possible inclusion in a larger dictionary.
- Merge multiple custom dictionaries into a single master dictionary.
- Add just a handful or a whole wordlist full of new words to any dictionary.
- The ability to save the contents of a dictionary to a text file
- Review the contents of a dictionary in your favorite word processor.
- Process the contents of dictionaries with your own tools.
Using the dictionary wizard is a simple, self-explanatory task.
Options are clearly explained in the dictionary creation task.
Dictionary edits can be done by looking up, adding or removing words on the fly.
Saving the contents of a dictionary to a file is very simple.
The Dictionary Wizard is a commercial product that can be purchased from Addictive Software. It is supported
on all versions of Microsoft Windows from Windows XP onward.
Other available resources:
Dictionaries built with this product can be used in any way that respects the originating licenses of any wordlists used to create them.
A few commercial dictionaries can choose to prevent editing or extraction. Most dictionaries do not request this protection.
Any dictionaries built with the Dictionary Wizard are compatible with all applications using our Addict 4 spelling engine. For information
on support for our older Addict 3 engine, please contact support.